Mission of Helena Community Gardens
Helena Community Gardens builds gardens, provides the tools and knowledge to grow food, and increases access to healthy and affordable food.
1. Everyone in Helena is within walking distance of a community garden.
2. All community gardens are accessible to everyone.
3. Everyone in Helena has access to healthy, affordable, fresh foods.
4. People of all ages know how to grow and harvest their own foods – and do!
5. Helena Food Share and their clients benefit from the production grown in our partner gardens.
6. A sense of community and common purpose is achieved; relationships within neighborhoods and gardeners are enhanced.
7. The environment benefits through the open space gardens provide, organic practices, and the reduced fossil fuels necessary to access food.