Mission of Helena Community Gardens
Helena Community Gardens builds gardens, provides the tools and knowledge to grow food, and increases access to healthy and affordable food..
- Everyone in Helena is within walking distance of a community garden.
- All community gardens are accessible to everyone.
- Everyone in Helena has access to healthy, affordable, fresh foods.
- People of all ages know how to grow and harvest their own foods – and do!
- Helena Food Share and their clients benefit from the production grown in our partner gardens.
- A sense of community and common purpose is achieved; relationships within neighborhoods and gardeners are enhanced.
- The environment benefits through the open space gardens provide, organic practices, and the reduced fossil fuels necessary to access food.